Monday 11 March 2013

Learning "SAP ERP"

I told you I like getting degrees for fun. So far, I have 3 degrees in Commerce, 1 in Food & Nutrition and I'm in the process of getting a couple of more degrees by the end of this year. One that I'll be certified by March is SAP ERP. I probably didn't realize the 'weight' of this certificate on my CV when I decided to get certified. But now that I'm looking at job opportunities actively, I'm so glad i decided to go for it!

For those of you who don't know, SAP ERP is an integrated software solution that incorporates the key business functions of the organization. And currently, it is a hot career move to make. All I hope is that with a CA (Chartered Accountancy) degree AND a certificate in SAP (Financial Accounting), I'll have an edge over my competition and get the DREAM JOB that I've always wanted. Of course, I'll need an additional MBA to reach my goal of becoming a managing consultant one day. But for now, I'd like to join a SAP consulting firm and would love to travel across the world helping companies with their ERP needs! And hopefully by the end of this year or by the beginning of 2014, I'd have taken my GMAT, CAT and a few other MBA exams and gotten into a good MBA college of my choice! :-)

SAP is that career ladder that I've chosen to get me closer to my dream!

No comments: